Our smiles and teeth are one of the first things people notice about us when we meet them, which is why most want their smile and teeth to be perfect. They want well-aligned teeth, healthy gums, and bright white smiles. Some have naturally healthy and beautiful teeth while others acquire them through cosmetic dental surgery.
Our experienced dentist has carried out several smile makeovers over the years. He knows how to correct all cosmetic problems to ensure patients have perfect but natural-looking teeth.
At Peters Family Dentistry, we offer a wide range of cosmetic services. If you want to know more about these services or require a consultation, call our clinic or book an appointment. Our dentist will be happy to help you with all of your concerns.
Cosmetic dentistry is an expansive field that involves a number of treatments. It is possible to correct almost every dental flaw you might have with the right treatment. During the consultation, our dentist will examine your current state of teeth carefully before determining what kind of treatment you might need. He will explain the pros and cons of every decision to ensure you can make a good decision based on facts.
Types Of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Cosmetic dental procedures can help enhance the beauty of your smile and make you more comfortable with it. They address specific cosmetic concerns and are safe to use. Our dentist will let you know if you’re a good candidate for a particular cosmetic dental treatment during the consultation. Here’s a look at the different options available to you:
- Teeth Whitening – This is one of the most common cosmetic dental treatments available today. If you have yellow or stained teeth, teeth whitening can help. Our dentist will provide in-clinic and at-home teeth whitening solutions to help remove the yellowish tint on your teeth. It is a good idea to use cosmetic procedures provided by the dentist instead of over-the-counter dental whitening solutions. You’re less likely to damage your natural teeth if you’re careful.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are thin pieces of porcelain or resin that appear like natural teeth. They cover the entire front surface of the teeth, disguising every flaw and creating a barrier between your natural teeth and any food you eat. Our dentist will remove some layer of enamel from your natural teeth before applying the veneers with the help of dental cement. These veneers give your teeth the desired shape, size, and color.
- Dental Bonding – During this process, our dentist applies a specially-formulated, tooth-colored resin to the natural teeth and exposes it to laser or ultra-violet light. This hardens the material until it blends in seamlessly with your teeth. The dentist will then shape and file this resin until it has the desired shape and size. This process is used to repair any dents, chips, visible decay, or misalignment. Once the resin has completely bonded and cured, it looks like natural teeth. No one will be able to tell you had a cosmetic procedure done.
- Dental Crown – Dental crowns are used in both regular and cosmetic dentistry. During regular dentistry, they’re used to cover severely damaged teeth or replace a missing tooth. It covers the entire damaged tooth from the gum line to the tip. It can also help cover up severely discolored and damaged teeth during a cosmetic procedure.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays are considered much healthier and durable alternatives to dental crowns. During this procedure, our dentist places an order for a specially formulated filling solution. This solution is developed in a laboratory and bonded to your natural teeth in the dentist’s office. Inlays are fillings that are placed inside the tooth to repair cavities or internal damage. Onlays are external fillings placed around the damaged teeth. This procedure helps preserve the natural teeth.
Our dentist can carry out these cosmetic procedures and more at our clinic. If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Peters Family Dentistry today!